Pump off--water leaking through it

efranklin

Jul 8, 2016
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey everyone,

I finally got an Intex Prism 12 X 30 pool setup this weekend. I had a Intex C1000 pump from a previous pool that I hooked up to it. Whenever I unplug the pump, I am having water flow out of the top of the pump. I wondered if at first I had overfilled the pool. I put three small paving blocks underneath the pump to make it higher and this did reduce the amount of water flowing out but it did not stop it.

While I am sure the electric company will be glad for me to leave the pump on 24/7...I would prefer not to do that.

Any ideas as to what might be going on? I thought I followed the directions correctly in hooking up the pump but maybe I did something backwards?

Thanks for your help.

When I unplug the filter pump water continues to flow out of the top of the filter pump...
Have you removed the lid recently to inspect and lube the O-ring? Make sure the O-ring isn't pinched?

Reactions: Mdragger88
I think I have it fixed. I might not have the right term here but I think I had the rubber ring or gasket in the wrong place. I now have it sitting inside of the pump on the top ring and it seems to have stopped the flow of water for the moment. I will go back and check on it again in a few minutes. If I'm still having an issue I will report back.

Thank you for your response. It encouraged me to go take another look at it. It has been a long process in getting the pool up and I was very frustrated yesterday...too much so to examine the problem more, LOL.

And sunburned from the first day in the pool..😄

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.