bboyscotch

May 3, 2024
Kennesaw Ga
Have had a couple electricans come out and try and fix my pump but seem too be able too.
Currently the problem is there is power going from the circuit board to the pump but the pump wont turn on/recieve power before this happend the first electrican replaced the breaker twice and it worked for a short period of time but not anymore

B,

How about a clue???

What kind of pump?

If controlled by an automation system, what kind??

Some pics would be great...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Apologies ill attach a photo. Im not too sure if its controlled by an automation system but there is a timer but it doesnt work and is constantly on

Attachments

• IMG_7794.jpeg
    IMG_7794.jpeg
    727.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7793.jpeg
    IMG_7793.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 3
B,

Where is this circuit board??? Show me a pic of whatever the circuit card is in..

It is a single speed pump, so does hum when power is applied??

Do you know if the pump is running off of 120 volts or 240 volts?

Do you have a voltmeter you can use?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Its a single speed pump jandy proseries flopro 1hp its a 230/115 volt i have voltmeter and it shows power on the wires with connect to the switch, attached are photos of the circuit board note i have the breakers off currently since the wires are exposed also the circuit board is in the garage if it makes a difference

Attachments

• IMG_7817.jpeg
    IMG_7817.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7816.jpeg
    IMG_7816.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7815.jpeg
    IMG_7815.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 3
B,

Turn the breakers on and...

Measure between pins 1 and 4 on the timer.. Do not measure 1 to ground and then 4 to ground as that can give a false reading It should be 240 volts.

Then measure between 1 and 3.. Should also be 240 assuming the timer is on

Then measure between 3 and 4.. It should read about zero..

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.