Pump motor tripping breaker

dogtag13

Jun 17, 2017
Dallas
Hello,

I just replaced my pump seal and then it started tripping the breaker instantly. I had the same thing happen 5 years ago and just replaced the motor and problem solved. So I just ordered a new motor AO smith 1.5hp just like the old one and same issue. I disconnected the wires and breaker stays on. I noticed the pump housing has a small dent in the side from shipping. Maybe 1/8 inch indention in the middle of the housing. Would that cause it to trip the breaker? I'm not sure what to do now.

Attachments

• IMG_0670 (1).JPG
    IMG_0670 (1).JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm feeling a little stupid right now. I had both wires connected to the top L1. I'm in cramped quarters and didn't see L2 for the little divider. Not sure why there are two terminals on L1. Now I'm questioning my judgement, should I give it another try with L1 and L2 connected?

Attachments

• IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IT LIVES !!!!!! Thank you for walking me through this !!!!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.