coachhim

Mar 30, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When the pump motor goes out it's the entire pump needs to be replaced? Or just that motor part
cf46c24a102babc2aba3ba33217fc55c.jpg

Many times you can just replace the motor, as long as there is no obvious damage to the wet end (basket) side of the pump assembly. When shopping for a new motor and replacing with something comparable, make sure to ask about the applicable "go-kit" that goes with it. The go-kit will have all the respective seals and such that should replaced at the same time. Places like Inyopools and others are very good with helping you match-up a replacement and the accessories.

Many times you can just replace the motor, as long as there is no obvious damage to the wet end (basket) side of the pump assembly. When shopping for a new motor and replacing with something comparable, make sure to ask about the applicable "go-kit" that goes with it. The go-kit will have all the respective seals and such that should replaced at the same time. Places like Inyopools and others are very good with helping you match-up a replacement and the accessories.
Gotcha thank you!

Well I dont know if that is the model pump I have or not. Where is the pool pump model #?

I think the impeller is shot. I can feel it moving around. So I'm guessing to replace all that **** in there?
9ee991773279075095b92b7dabc05b9e.jpg
3dc6202b68d2f7c3e4902b601a80f55d.jpg
ad89ffa58d79c1ee8addc90dd449524d.jpg

You have a Hayward Super II pump. If you want to repair the pump, I suggest the following:

Motor 1.0 hp total 56j motor.
Impeller SPX3007C.
Impeller ring SPX3005R.
Gasket SPX3000T.
Seal SPX1600Z2 or U.S seal PS-3868.
Diffuser gasket SPX1600R.

Motor total hp is label hp x service factor (S.F).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have a Hayward Super II pump. If you want to repair the pump, I suggest the following:

Motor 1.0 hp total 56j motor.
Impeller SPX3007C.
Impeller ring SPX3005R.
Gasket SPX3000T.
Seal SPX1600Z2 or U.S seal PS-3868.
Diffuser gasket SPX1600R.

Motor total hp is label hp x service factor (S.F).

Dang how did you figure that out??
Is there a type of kit to buy all these parts? Or I have to get them separate?

Note that the impeller that I suggest might be 1 size smaller than what you have. In my opinion, it's a better fit for your pool.

The motor is less hp, so you will need the new impeller to match.

What is the motor doing or not doing?

Pump hp is somewhat complicated. There's rated hp and total hp. The total hp is the rated hp x the service factor.

A 3/4 hp pump might be a 3/4 total hp or a 1.0 hp total pump depending on how the manufacturer labels it.

The impeller is for a 1.0 hp total pump and requires a 1.0 hp total motor.

What is the motor doing or not doing?

Pump hp is somewhat complicated. There's rated hp and total hp. The total hp is the rated hp x the service factor.

A 3/4 hp pump might be a 3/4 total hp or a 1.0 hp total pump depending on how the manufacturer labels it.

The impeller is for a 1.0 hp total pump and requires a 1.0 hp total motor.
Very loud. Now i can reach my hand inside the motor and feel that the impeller is very loose. Motor turns on but no pressure. When i turn it off sounds like an engine idling down

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.