May 30, 2016
Evergreen Pk., IL.
Purchased in a package 4 years ago.
Pool: 18' round x 54"
Motor: Century part# 7-193554-01, HP: 2.0
Filter: Hayward model# sw150mddvpaks
pump: Hayward model# sw15851x20tl
Lady bug automatic floor cleaner

Every time I visit pool forums I come out with more questions than I went in with:unsure:
Was this to much HP?
What to replace with?

Thank you
Ken D

I think that may be a 2.0 HP SPL rated pump. What that means is that it has the same performance as a 1.5 HP uprated pump or a 1.0 HP full rated pump. So in reality, it isn't that big of a pump. The labeling of the pump just makes it difficult to figure out exactly what you have. The size of that pump is fine.

However, I would look into an above ground 2 speed pump. You can run on low speed most of the time and save on energy costs.

Thanks, I have been considering a 2 speed also.
I normally run the filter between 1-2 hours daily, more after a heavy use day. From what I have read here and elsewhere I'm about 6 hours short. Never had issues with turning green. I am a fanatic about vacuuming daily or every other day. So am I OK with that? It has worked for me.
What is normal pressure reading at start up?

Ken D

If you find that 1-2 hours is enough, then just go with that. There really is no minimum for pump time as long as the chlorine level is sufficient and distributed.

As for filter pressure normal is 0-30 PS. In other words, there is no normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.