Pump losing prime

jswforrest

May 25, 2020
Olive Branch, MS
Hi all! I just joined and am still learning pool things. First time posting here. I have a Bestway 16’x48” AGP. Just big enough to cool of and the grandkids have fun. My pump won’t stay primed. I do have a leak at my plunger valve and hose in the intake and am awaiting replacement parts. I’m having to literally go release the air from the pump at the top every 15 minutes. It’s an Intex pump. Question is That’s a huge pain to do so is it ok to run it when it won’t stay primed? I just filled it up yesterday but I’m afraid to leave it off and no water circulation. Thanks!!

Welcome to TFP.

A pump running dry will quickly get overheated and damaged.

If you cannot run your pump then add 3 ppm of liquid chlorine in your pool every day and stir the water with your pool brush.

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

Ok. I think I created my signature right.
the pump isn’t dry. It still has water it’s just not staying 100% full of water More like 75%. I’m having to constantly open the little valve at the top to let the air out for about 5 seconds. Anxious for the new parts.
thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.