Pump losing prime when turned off and air sucking sound

OK an update on progress. The spider gasket has been replaced stopped the pump loosing prime when it is off. That did not fix the air leak as to be expected. Talked to the pump company service guy and he ruled out the seal as he said I should see water leaking when the pump is on or the pump will trip the electrical circuit breaker due to water leakage. That brings me to the Kreepy Krauly. The hose was not a genuine and was in fact slightly smaller in diameter to an original hose so grabbed a new one cheap of ebay from a local guy. While I waited to collect my new hose I had to get the pump running as the pool was starting to not look so good so I rechecked all the connections and still could not find any leaks so at my fathers suggestion I placed silicone on the joints which are not many as most of the pipe work is below ground while the pump was running. His theory was if it was a tiny leak the silicone would get sucked into the leak and seal possibly seal it. In the meantime I collected the new hose and set it all up. So far the pump has been running for 2hrs hours and no problems. Fingers crossed either the silicone or the new hose fixed it. I hope it was the $100 hose and not the $5 silicone that did it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.