Pump losing prime following routine inspection / filter clean

Millergirl

Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Hello,
I have the PB come out twice/year to inspect everything and clean my cartridge filters. Two things happening since his visit yesterday:
One, pump won’t stay primed, and two, water is very cloudy (which has never happened following an inspection).

The first thing I noticed when I got home was the film on the water and overall cloudiness. I’d tested my water the two days prior and water was balanced and crystal clear. Next, I realized each time I turned the pump on it was priming. Could it be that he didn’t get the seal seated back?

My questions:
What chemical would he have used to cause cloudy water/film?
What could be causing it to lose prime whenever it’s off?

Thanks for any input!

Losing prime could indeed be that something isn't sealed air tight when the pump is off. Then it has to re-prime each time the system starts. I would go out to the pad and look & listen closely for any sounds or spurts of water when you turn the pump OFF. The filter area would be suspect for sure, but look everywhere to be safe.

As for the cloudiness, it sounds like the tech may have added some chemical(s). I would call them and try to find out what (if anything) the tech may have added. If they come back and say nothing was added, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Reactions: Millergirl
Losing prime could indeed be that something isn't sealed air tight when the pump is off. Then it has to re-prime each time the system starts. I would go out to the pad and look & listen closely for any sounds or spurts of water when you turn the pump OFF. The filter area would be suspect for sure, but look everywhere to be safe.

As for the cloudiness, it sounds like the tech may have added some chemical(s). I would call them and try to find out what (if anything) the tech may have added. If they come back and say nothing was added, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.
Thanks, Texas Splash!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.