Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We got a new pump this year. Picture below.

We opened 8 days ago to green water and I've been SLAMming since then (minus day 2 when we were down bc the motor broke, resulting in new motor and pump.) Making progress, but not done. Water is clear now, but still getting algae on the bottom.

The water pressure has gone down from 18 to 15. This usually happens when we forget to lube the o-ring after vacuuming. I know that happened a few days ago and I'm guessing that's the cause this time.

Problem is that I can't get the top off the pump. Our old pump had a looped handle and we kept a stick next to it to use as a lever to turn the handle. I can't get any leverage on this one. I'm recovering from knee replacement surgery and both my legs and my back are very weak right now because of 3 months of not doing much. Hubby is on a trip for the next 4 days. He got it off 2 days ago. I've tried letting the pressure equalize fully, but I just can't get enough leverage.

So, (unless someone has a trick for opening this darn thing), I see two choices:
1. Continue to SLAM with the lower pressure.
2. Pause the SLAM and just run the pump 8 hours/day until hubby gets home and then resume the SLAM.

What do you guys recommend?

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 9
It shouldn’t be necessary to lube the the O Ring every time you open it. I’ve got a Pentair pump with a similar lid, and I sure don’t lube every time I open the basket. Are you seeing bubbles in pump basket? If not, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.