Smith2646

Jun 2, 2022
Milton FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
When we out our solar cover on at night the filter pump loses prime and doesn’t run when scheduled the next morning. We have checked everything and the ONLY time it loses prime is when we put the cover on. Filter baskets are not blocked, water level ok, etc… it’s a mystery. In ground 18x36 with deep end drain and filter basket at deep end and shallow end. Even tried to leave cover off near shallow end intake.

When we out our solar cover on at night the filter pump loses prime and doesn’t run when scheduled the next morning. We have checked everything and the ONLY time it loses prime is when we put the cover on. Filter baskets are not blocked, water level ok, etc… it’s a mystery. In ground 18x36 with deep end drain and filter basket at deep end and shallow end. Even tried to leave cover off near shallow end intake.
Check the operation of your weir doors. They should move freely. Can you post a picture of the skimmers with the cover on?

I like Poolstored's thoughts. That cover is somehow interfering with the flow of water into the skimmer.

That results is air flowing into the system through the skimmer and that will drop prime just about every time.

That results is air flowing into the system through the skimmer and that will drop prime just about every time.
Cut back the solar cover in that area...the surface cover loss is minimal. My cover has a 2" gap between cover and pool wall sides, not nee to be "tight."

My solar cover fits right up to the skimmer opening.

What pump? Priming is likely pulling the cover in. My VS pump does not prime at a high speed and never an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.