Pump Leaking AGAIN.

Chappie

Apr 25, 2016
Lafayette, LA
In March I replaced a 4 month old pump motor, that wasn't under warranty because of water damage. I had noticed a leak from the same place that my new one has now started leaking from (see the picture), but it was a slow leak and I didn't think it would really have anything to do with the motor. That was probably a big mistake. So now after 5 months of leak free usage, the pump is leaking from the same place that probably killed the last motor. When I installed this one, I used a high quality seal, and followed all the directions. Everything seemed fine until I saw this leak yesterday, but it's possible that the leak went undetected for longer.

I don't want to buy a new motor again, and I assume the leak is the issue, but it's unclear what needs to happen to stop it. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just replace the whole housing, impeller, etc., or do I just need a new seal and new gaskets?

I have stopped the use of the filter entirely for the moment.

IMG-2534.jpg

The leak comes from where the arrow is pointing, but it's impossible to tell where on the ring the actual source is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.