NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I’m having the pool closed next week and decided to backwash today one last time. Normal procedure done where I shut off the pump then move the multiport valve and when I turn the pump back on, I noticed water under the pump (see pic below). Before doing anything it was bone dry. Is there a bad seal? I’m not doing anything about it now since it doesn’t leak when running and pool is being closed next week but just thinking if this is something that’ll need to be addressed in the spring.

Attachments

• IMG_5489.jpeg
    IMG_5489.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5491.jpeg
    IMG_5491.jpeg
    646.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5490.jpeg
    IMG_5490.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 14
With water in that area, you could potentially have a bad shaft seal or bad gasket in the seal plate area. Go ahead and close. There are tons of videos on those Hayward pumps to change all the seals. Shop for a Go-Kit which contains all the seals. If you need help let us know.

just because I’m neurotic with these things I shut off the pump during the day, waited a few seconds as if I was changing settings on the filter, then turned it back on. This time no water I could see…. Not sure what to make of that. Glad I’m closing this week 🤣🤣

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.