Rogers, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I have a leak at my pump where the "dry/wet" connection is.
I tried to seal with with some flex tape (as you can see in photo) which was clearly not a good fix! It's a steady dribble of water when the pump is running near the base of that connection.
I have included a few pictures so you have a good idea of the location. Would this just be a gasket seal replacement or O ring?
In a possible related issue I have been losing between 1/4" and 1/2" of water daily, could this be the culprit? I do not winterize my pool and run the pump 24/7. I live in arkansas so temps are in the 40s.
All my pump and pool details are in my signature.
IMG_7168.jpg

IMG_7167 (1).jpg

IMG_7166 (2).jpg

Would this just be a gasket seal replacement or O ring?
Yes, I think so. @JamesW can probably point you in the right direction for a fix.

In a possible related issue I have been losing between 1/4" and 1/2" of water daily, could this be the culprit?
Sure. Fix the pump leak as the first step of solving the water loss issue.

PS. That tape will do nothing to fix the leak, or even locate it. Are you handy? Do you know how to turn off the circuit breaker to the pump? You'll need to disassemble the pump to repair the seal. If those answers are "no," then time to call a pool pro to fix the pump...

Last edited:
You should take it apart and replace the seal and all gaskets.

It looks like the housing is warping.

What is the highest pressure that you have seen on the pressure gauge?

What speeds do you run?

What is the date from the front sticker on the pump?

I’m fairly handy and can turn off the breaker, so not afraid of trying to fix.

I run the pump at 35-40 gpm (my equipment pad is downhill from pool). The pump date is 5/10/2018.

I can’t recall the highest reading on pressure. But recently I was messing with the return valve and had turned it to closed accidentally and then turned on the pump, which is what I think caused the seal to likely break. (I know amateur move)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.