Pump issues

Jun 10, 2017
Aliquippa, PA
I have a bestway 18 foot pool. My pump recently died so i got a deal on a 1.5 HP pump. I adapted everything and it seemed to run just fine. Now for some reason im constantly having to go out and shut it down a few times a day to purge air from the system. I checked everything and have no leaks. There is plenty of water in the skimmer and its not pulling any air into the line. The bad part is the skimmer does not have any threaded connection. I have a vinyl tube clamped to the outlet and the input of the pump. I never had these issues before. Maybe i need a new skimmer with a threaded port, but the skimmer is round where it goes thru the liner. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

How deep is the skimmer water level?

It sounds like the pump is creating a vortex in the skimmer due to water level not being high enough

Can you share a picture of your skimmer (inside water level) and outside connections? Someone might spot something that could help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.