Pump/Filter Recommendations

Dec 31, 2016
Glen Burnie
I calculated that I need a pump for 33 GPM and 60 ft of head pressure. Hayward has the SP2610x15 pump and S210s sand filter. I may be getting ahead but I see you guys reccomend a 2 speed pump? Also the reviews on the s210s seem pretty bad at least on Amazon. I’ve have the TF starter kit on order and am hoping to get everything ready before the weather breaks to get this black lagoon cleaned up. The pool hasn’t been open in about 3 yrs.

At 1.5 hp you will want a 2 speed minimum, the $150 price difference could be saved in one season. I only wonder if it will flow to much, I bet it will be putting out more than 30 gpm so check the head chart.

A 21" sand filter seems big enough for your pull, but bigger is always better.

At 1.5 hp you will want a 2 speed minimum, the $150 price difference could be saved in one season. I only wonder if it will flow to much, I bet it will be putting out more than 30 gpm so check the head chart.

A 21" sand filter seems big enough for your pull, but bigger is always better.

The 2 speed is still at 36GPM but it doesn’t give a spec for low speed at 60 feet. It has 18GPM at 15 feet. Even though there is no spec will it still have enough pressure to turn the water over? I realize this will take prob 24 hours to filter all the water instead of 8 hours.

I was on the fence anyway with the filter. I’ll step up to the S270T which should be more than enough. 74GPM and 35,520 gallon turnover in 8 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.