Pump Automatic Timer...wifi switch?

Rskpool

May 24, 2020
Sterling Heights, MI
Hello everyone,

First thanks for all being so helpful so far, my pool is running great and never looked better.

I'm trying to find the best way to run my filter in off peak hours / when I'm not home. I was thinking of hooking up a wifi switch, but they require a neutral, which I don't think I have.

Anyone have any good solutions they have come up with?

Do you have 110v or 220v to pump? If 220 you don’t need a neutral, but you do need a DPST switch.

If you are looking for WiFi switching, here’s some background reading on my adventure.

Last edited:
Do you have 110v or 220v to pump? If 220 you don’t need a neutral, but you do need a DPST switch.

If you are looking for WiFi switching, here’s some background reading on my adventure.

Yeah it's 220. Why wouldn't I need a neutral?

So I would just need to wire in something like the wion box? It's not available anymore, is there something else like it you would recommend?

Last edited:
The Wion 50054 is now distributed and marketed by Dewenwils. As of a couple weeks ago, it could be purchased from Amazon but is currently unavailable. You may need to search around a bit if you're interested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.