Pump and filter back flo issues. Please heip

Jul 1, 2018
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool has several issues. Trying to fix one at a time so not to be overwhelmed. The 1st thing we did was reverse osmosis and re-chem our pool water. That was in excess of $800. We recovered from that so we replaced the Hayward MAR assembly and pool light. Next will be filter backflow and pump seal issue. I am not sure if they are connected. I do know that our purex ortega check valve that is installed right before the filter is not seating properly. New 3# spring came today and still waiting for the valve seat and cap o ring. I am so thankful I found these discontinued parts. Does anyone know if they will potentionally solve the filter back flow issue as long as the housing is in good shape? Next will be to tackle the leaking pump seal. Is there anyone that has experience with the Aqua-flo A series Bronse pumps that might be able to direct me how to give it a tune up or to an honest repair guy in my area? We did find a real decent and honest pool guy, but he has never worked on this type of pump. We actually met him last month when he came to give us estimates. Mainly on new variable speed pumps. He recommended not to replace until the leak was bad enough. He said new Pentair Intelliflo variable speed would be $1500 installed and he would throw in New Jandy check valve with it. He came today as a courtesy at no charge to put in the MAR I bought and new light bulb w/seal that he supplied. My fiance felt bad so he gave him $100 and 3 Stripey Heirlioom tomato plants. We cant afford the pump yet so I thought we might be able to tune up the one we have to give us time to save money. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Put the new ortega valve seal, spring, o ring on cap and new o ring in the pump basket. After several hours I hear that water running sound again. Pump is running fine that I can tell. Should we have lubed the new check valve seat? Sometimes we dont have that issue. I am so confused.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.