Pump and automation upgrade

E795

Jan 23, 2017
Alamo, CA
Hi folks,

We're looking to put in a variable speed pump. Our current system is in my signature. We've received recommendations from two installers. One is to install oncommand and a hayward pump. The other is to install a pentair pump and Pentair Intellicom ll (and keep Jandy automation). Oncommand system would be many hundreds of dollars more.

I can't figure out if the extra expense of the oncommand system gets us more functionality. Any thoughts? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

E,

I would suggest you upgrade your Jandy to the PDA version which can directly control the IntelliFlo pump.

The problem with the IntelliCom is that it is just lets you have four preselected speeds, and to do that you need four unused relays in your automation system.

Rather than telling the pump to run the speed you want, you can only select one of the four preset speeds. You can tell the pump what you want the four speeds to be, from the pump's control panel, but it is just a clumsily attempt at allowing other automation systems to use the IntelliFlo.

Thanks,

Jim R.

E,

I would suggest you upgrade your Jandy to the PDA version which can directly control the IntelliFlo pump.

The problem with the IntelliCom is that it is just lets you have four preselected speeds, and to do that you need four unused relays in your automation system.

Rather than telling the pump to run the speed you want, you can only select one of the four preset speeds. You can tell the pump what you want the four speeds to be, from the pump's control panel, but it is just a clumsily attempt at allowing other automation systems to use the IntelliFlo.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Makes sense. Thanks for the input.

E,

I am not really up on Jandy products, but I'm pretty sure that the PDA version can directly control the IntelliFlo... I don't know if the iaqualink can do this or not.

I suggest you find a Jandy expert, or call Jandy tech support and ask them which of their system can control the IntelliFlo. That might help you with your decision.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.