Pueline CrystalPure - missing 4 wire - how to connect to Automation?

jkmhb

Aug 12, 2015
Flower Mound, TX
I just purchased a Pureline CrystalPure Salt system PL7703 - 60K system. The instructions on p.21-22 tell how to hook up to automation - I was going to use a Chlorinator Translator to my Aqualink. Trouble is, even though the instructions refer to the 4-wire communication link, there is no place on the main board of the CrystalPure to hook it up. This System is supposed to be the same as the Hayward Aqua Rite, but the new ones seem to be missing this feature. Any Ideas? Thanks.

jmk,

You have found out why our number one rule in automation is to use the same brand of equipment for the Automation, any VS pump, and any salt system. Mix and match can sometimes work, as with your Pentair pump, but in most cases competing brands don't "talk" well with each other... :(

By looking at the manual for the PL7703, it sure looks like it should have the serial com buss.. but I also found a picture of a replacement card for your salt system and, just like you, I was not able to see any com buss connectors...

What did the supplier that sold you the Pureline have to say???

Let's hope one of our other members can chime in on this one..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I spoke with Inyo pools. It seems to be a mistake. They will take the return of the PL7703, and I do not have to return any parts that are glued in. They are also going to update their web site and get the documentation updated to state these systems have no 4 wire connection to automation. By the way, this system is installed and working great otherwise. I wired it to a relay on my Aqualink, so I can turn it on-off Only.

Inyo Pools is really trying to make it right; I don't think they were aware of this issue, Maybe most people either do not have automation or even try to tie their salt system in to Automation.

I'm going to figure out if I can live with on-off and no other Automation, or try to find something else (sure cannot find another 60K system for $699 though).

Flynn Engineering, who sells the Chlorinator Translator, provides great support and will allow a return of their device also.

Even though this has been a pain, both companies do seem to stand behind their products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.