Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have SWCG but as we start to move into the cooler months I was thinking of getting one of those floating puck chlorinators (I don't close for the winter). In the past I have put pucks in the skimmer after the water gets too cold for SWCG (I know this is bad for the pump & plumbing). Is there any risk of the floater bleaching my liner?

PS
I am quite familiar with the CYA chart. CYA is not a concern for me as I will dump literally tons of water from winter rain. The pucks will help me get CYA back in range for the Spring.

I've seen people tie it to something that it can't free float and crash around.
This 👆🏻
mine always finds its way into the skimmer - that’s why i hate using one.
When i use one for vacation I tie it off to the deck posts w/ fishing line.
The last one i got was only used for about week while i was gone & when i got back I checked it, there was still an undissolved tab in it so I threw it back in to the middle of the pool & the darn thing broke & the tab fell out! I had to quickly try to fish the tab out & get it off my liner. So glad it didn’t happen while i was gone. I guess plastic ain’t what it used to be.

When I use a floater--to increase both chlorine and CYA, I put it in the spa, which spills over into the pool. That way it can't get near the skimmers.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.