PSI needed for gunite pool

dphanes

Aug 19, 2020
NC
I have read that the gold standard for a gunite pool is 4000 PSI. I have also read about PB building at 3000 PSI. How much greater chance is there for structural failure at 3,000 vs 4,000 PSI

I had no idea so I went to the google machine :)

Looks like 4000 is the way to go....

I don't know how one could estimate the chance of structural failure between 3000 vs 4000 psi. I believe there are many other variables that would/could impact the long term structural soundness of a concrete structure. For example: sub grade conditions, steel rebar layout/design, temperature during placement, placement procedures, curing conditions, climate and freeze /thaw cycles, thickness, slump properties, etc. That being said, If I had the choice I would always choose the higher psi mix design for any water containing vessels, retaining walls, light commercial slab applications, etc. ; I am not in anyway an expert on concrete or pools though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.