PSI jumping (up and down)

bocman93

Mar 25, 2021
Charleston
Hi! My pressure goes up and down sometimes
When I just turn on the pump it work good and no bubbles, after 10min I already see bubbles and after some time pressure starts to jumping
I tried to close bottom drain valve it works even worse
Water level is good, filters and skimmer clean, skimmer flipper doesn't stuck, no leaks around
I checked everything that I found in search recommendation
What else I missed to check?

"Jumping" does not mean anything to us.. What is your filter pressure when you start the pump and then tell us what happens to the pressure.. If it goes up, what PSI does it go up to? If it goes down, what PSI does it go down to? What kind of pump do you have? Single speed, 2-speed or Variable speed?

Where do you see the bubbles? Coming out of the returns or in the pump basket?

What does the water feel like at the pool returns? Does it feel strong or weak? Is your water cloudy or green?

Thanks,

Jim R.

"Jumping" does not mean anything to us.. What is your filter pressure when you start the pump and then tell us what happens to the pressure.. If it goes up, what PSI does it go up to? If it goes down, what PSI does it go down to? What kind of pump do you have? Single speed, 2-speed or Variable speed?

Where do you see the bubbles? Coming out of the returns or in the pump basket?

What does the water feel like at the pool returns? Does it feel strong or weak? Is your water cloudy or green?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the answer!
When it start pressure is normal - 15, then it jump from 0 to 15, but not all the time
Single speed Pentair pump
Bubbles coming out from return, pump basket full just for about 70% (I tried to prime it every start but it doesn't helped)
I just replace all seals on pump but it doesn't helped too

Water is strong from return and crystal clear

I'm surprised because first 10-15min it work good, but after something going on

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.