Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I buy liquid chlorine in 2.5 gallon jugs so I use a plastic gallon pitcher to measure & pour lc into the pool. I have to stand on a stump to be able to reach & pour liquid into the pool by the return so it’s already awkward.
I noticed a very small crack in the pitcher a few days ago but I thought “oh, I’ll pick up a new one at wally world next time”.
Well, today I went to use it & the whole handle broke off just as I made it over the top rail, the pitcher (filled with a gallon of 10%+ bleach) plopped into the water 😩
Needless to say my black tank top is toast. After I did my best to quickly brush the liner & flush everything with water I got in the pool to rinse off, my nike shorts seem to have lived through the experience.
I am extremely thankful it mostly all went into the pool. I’m not blinded or anything like that.
The skimmer sucked up the handle & the little pieces. A new pitcher at the start of each season will now be on the top of the list. It’s just something simple that gets overlooked. This is why I pour acid directly from the jug! I do pour directly from the gallon jugs of bleach. IMG_6245.jpeg

That could've been a real disaster. I get the message though. Between procrastination and just being cheap, I milk the lifespan out of just about anything I own. Can you imagine if there was MA in there? Yikes Glad you didn't get hurt. 🙏

Reactions: Mdragger88
That could've been a real disaster. I get the message though. Between procrastination and just being cheap, I milk the lifespan out of just about anything I own. Can you imagine if there was MA in there? Yikes Glad you didn't get hurt. 🙏
It’s really silly, They only cost like a dollar but it’s just something that gets overlooked. If it was MA I would have probably attempted to dive into the pool immediately from where I was as the gate/pool entrance is pretty far away.
IMG_6254.jpeg

Reactions: Texas Splash
If it was MA I would have probably attempted to dive into the pool immediately
You have a surprisingly large amount of time with MA. Most times I get it on my skin, I'll finish the task and walk right by a hose or two to go inside and wash with soap. I've only ever felt it sting just a little, even after a few minutes.

*disclaimer that I'm not recommending anyone take a bath in it, or keep it on them for an extended time. Just that there's no need for panic.

I bought a cool set of measuring cups that show from the top. Super thick plastic & I can view my measurement from the top. They are my favorite 😂😂 im old & bending down to read side of cup while pouring doesn't work well for my clumsiness

I bought a cool set of measuring cups that show from the top. Super thick plastic & I can view my measurement from the top. They are my favorite 😂😂 im old & bending down to read side of cup while pouring doesn't work well for my clumsiness
I try to avoid bending down in general. No need to get crazy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.