Prowler 920 Warranty

Jan 2, 2014
Maybe I am missing something here but I purchased one of these from Marina Pool Spa and Patio last May just to now be told by Pentair I only had a 60 day parts warranty. Robot only worked for 4 months last season and now is an expensive anchor.

Machine starts with tracks going in one direction, stops then goes in the same direction, stops and that's it. Doesn't even test the impeller. Impeller cover has been removed, zero debris. Tracks have been inspected and no blockage. Never used an extension cord.

I'm a little mad obviously. Wish I would've known buying from a recommended vendor came with such poor warranty.

Last edited:
S4,

Did you talk to Marina, because that is not the warranty they promote..

I think Maytronics is mistaken.. You probably told them you bought it on-line.. Which you did not!! If you called Marina, they count that as a 'local' brink and mortar sale.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: S4cruiser
S4,

Did you talk to Marina, because that is not the warranty they promote..

I think Maytronics is mistaken.. You probably told them you bought it on-line.. Which you did not!! If you called Marina, they count that as a 'local' brink and mortar sale.

Thanks,

Jim R.
The customer service person told me that since Marina Pool sells online that anything purchased from them is only 60 days parts.

I have not called Marina, I will try that - thanks.

Called Marina and spoke with Margaret. She is going to help me troubleshoot (thinks it may be the cable) and deal with Pentair directly. She was very upset to hear what the customer service person told me.

S4,

Please keep in mind that no one here gets paid, or gets any kind of commission, or kickback, for recommending anything!!!

The products, or suppliers, that we recommend are because we have used them, and are happy with their products, and services.. Period!

Thanks,

Jim R.

S4,

Please keep in mind that no one here gets paid, or gets any kind of commission, or kickback, for recommending anything!!!

The products, or suppliers, that we recommend are because we have used them, and are happy with their products, and services.. Period!

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, totally understand. I hope my post didn't come off that way. The Pentair rep had me a bit riled up talked about how the online retailers ship their products and the products are not made to be shipped which damages them...I mean how do they get them to the retailers then?!? Just another corporation trying to save money at the expense of paying customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe