Proper Startup Process for Stonescapes Mini Pebble?

Drip

Jun 15, 2021
So cal
Pool Size
The contractors are about to finish the pool, they sprayed the pebble today. What is the proper start up process? The primary contractor indicated that after the acid wash (tomorrow) they would use super stain out to pull all the metals out? Then they'll measure the calcium from the tap (for hardness). They'll add calcium until it gets to 250ppm. He indicated my pool guy could service it the very next day.

The pebble guy that actually did the work today indicated that the process for start up is a pretty thorough process that takes about a week. Not sure who's correct?

Reactions: Haku84
The PB typically does the startup. But then many pool builders are not typical.

Nothing there you can't do. Read through it and we can help you with anything you don't understand how to do.

Ask away.

Test your fill water pH, TA, and CH so you know what you are starting with.

Add dry stabilizer using the sock method as described in....

You have a TF-100 or K-2006C test kit?

The PB typically does the startup. But then many pool builders are not typical.

Nothing there you can't do. Read through it and we can help you with anything you don't understand how to do.

Ask away.

Test your fill water pH, TA, and CH so you know what you are starting with.

Add dry stabilizer using the sock method as described in....

You have a TF-100 or K-2006C test kit?
I dont have anything but I definitely want to learn. Is the tf-100 or k-2006c the go-to kits? What else would you recommend on other equipment ill need?

I dont have anything but I definitely want to learn. Is the tf-100 or k-2006c the go-to kits? What else would you recommend on other equipment ill need?

The TF-100 Test Kits is the best value. If you are getting a SWG then get the TF-Pro that includes the salt test.

Also get the stirrer Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer-OUT OF STOCK UNTIL JULY 9 if you are getting the TF-100. It is included in the TF-Pro bundle.

You need a good pool pole, pool brush, and leaf rake net. Most of which you can get at Skimmer nets, leaf rakes, pool wall brushes, and Skimmer Angel

There is the TF-100 Start Up (TF-100 kit, *Speedstir, Skimmer Angel, Wall Whale brush)

Reactions: Drip
The contractors are about to finish the pool, they sprayed the pebble today. What is the proper start up process? The primary contractor indicated that after the acid wash (tomorrow) they would use super stain out to pull all the metals out? Then they'll measure the calcium from the tap (for hardness). They'll add calcium until it gets to 250ppm. He indicated my pool guy could service it the very next day.

The pebble guy that actually did the work today indicated that the process for start up is a pretty thorough process that takes about a week. Not sure who's correct?

Brush 2x a day according this startup card. I was told at least once a day - shoulders are killing me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.