Proper RPM's for Zodiak M6 Suction Pool Sweep

Chipspence

Mar 2, 2020
Arroyo Grande, CA
My new Zodiak M6 pool sweet isn't moving even with the valve put at high flow. I currently have them set at 2750 RPM. What is the recommended RPM's for effective movement. It used to climb walls no problem now it won't. The RPM's were recently changed. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!

There is no hard'n'fast rule for RPMs for a vac, every pool and vac is different. My suction-side vac came with a gauge to help me set up the pump RPMs correctly. Did you get one? Mine looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 5.23.42 PM.png

Another way to set up a vac is to use wheel rotations per minute (or some such measurement). You might find that in the owner manual for your model.

I did not get good performance out of my vac until I closed down most of the suction from the skimmer while vacuuming. After discovering that, I automated the three-way valve that balances the flow thru vac and skimmer, and now my automation controller dials down the skimmer automatically while the vac cycle is running. The rest of the time the vac line is completely closed, which make the vacuum port safe while swimmers are in the water.

Oh, if your vac is now dead when it once worked fine, that could indicate a vac malfunction or a clog in the vacuum, the vacuum hose or vacuum plumbing, including the valve.

You might try fitting the vacuum hose into the hole in the bottom of your skimmer. If the vac runs like that, then you'll know it's not the vac or the hose, and the problem is in the plumbing. And vice versa.

Please be careful when testing suction ports and disconnecting/reconnecting vac hoses and such. Depending on your pump and RPMs, the suction force can be quite extreme, even dangerous. Make your connections with pump off.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.