E BRIDGEWTR, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Last season after close my husband cut all the pipes and moved the equipment into storage for the winter. The concrete pad was completed by our first contractor (who scammed us) and it was an eyesore; unlevel, pitted, not square and the equipment layout wouldn't allow us the option to add a heater. My husband intends on fixing the concrete before we put in a new shed and reinstall the equipment. The plan was to complete the concrete this weekend but the temperatures are dropping well below 50° overnight so he wants to wait.

The days are getting warmer here in Massachusetts, highs have been in the upper 60s and 70s and I'm terrified the concrete work won't be done in time to prevent an algae bloom. Is there anything I can do to prolong opening? The pool was closed properly and has a solid cover.

SWG
vinyl liner
15500 gal

Check the pool temperature. If it is close to 60 or more, start adding liquid chlorine to it. You can help mix using your net or brush. Keep track of chlorine levels (check daily) and make sure you maintain adequate chlorine based on your CYA level.

Pool Care Basics

You can peel back the cover a little & throw a submersible pump in there for a while to circulate the water then see where you stand with your fc levels.
& If needed add liquid chlorine to high target or a scootch higher for your cya level FC/CYA Levels
Add it very slowly, away from the pool wall, brushing while you add (or use the stream from the pump).
I assume you have some type of cover pump?
Just clean it & use it for this purpose.

Fc will last a long time with the pool covered with a solid cover and low water temps so it’s not something you’ll need to do every day.