Project Swamp

It's hard to believe that one day soon you will be swimming in that water, isn't it?!
Some lucky homeowners will be [emoji2] This isn't our pool - I'm helping a friend who is flipping a house. I don't know how long the pool sat. Maybe a couple years. I think in I'm enjoying this too much! [emoji12]

There is something very very large that was thrown in deep end. It will be interesting to see what it is. It doesn't budge. House was pretty badly vandalized before they bought it.

Hoping for more change in pool color tomorrow. I notice from the comparison pictures it's a deeper green today. Possibly from stiring up the algae?

Good news is that it's holding chlorine pretty well.

Will be back at it in the morning!!

Nichole

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

No real visible change from last night. Chlorine levels held steady overnight and remained at shock level. CYA is 20. Do you think I need to bump it up to 30 even though chlorine is holding?

Today's Comparisons. Shallow end close to steps looking lighter. What do you think - are we making decent progress? I know this can take time so I am not really sure what to expect day to day.

Day 3 of slam by nichole babinec, on Flickr

It's raining really hard right now. Hopefully chlorine remains at shock level through the night and morning :)

Question - The owner of the flip has been turning the pump off at night. He is worried that he needs to backwash and obviously wont be able to every 2 hours like he has been during the day.

I thought it was better to keep it on, but wanted to check with you guys. Should he keep the pump on despite the need to backwash or should he turn it off until the morning?

Can't sleep so why not post my daily comparison! The picture looks alot different today. I think the water looks more grey and can definitely see more of the shallow end with the naked eye. Owner says he can not tell a difference but I surely can.

Day 4 of slam - water taking a more Grey color. by nichole babinec, on Flickr

He was missing the little basket that goes in the pump so he put a new one in today and is running the pump 24/7! Let's hope there are no problems as he is not sure how old the pump is.

Hubby helped scrub walls and floor today - tried pulling mysterious deep end item up with no luck. He thought maybe was wrought iron furniture but we decided that would budge some. Maybe concrete furniture. Should we play the What's in the deep end guessing game!?! :scratch::scratch: I hope it's nothing creepy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Getting that dirt out of the pool should help a ton. I can't believe the dirt and styrofoam were still in there! How did you get it out?

I know - when the owner checked on the pool this morning he could see it. He used the leaf net pole to drag it to the shallow end somehow and drug it up the steps. We are now starting to get a lot of gravel when we vacuum. This is the first time I have seen the styrofoam so very surprised it wasn't all over the pool! our son was a little disappointed that is was something so boring - I am relieved it wasn't anything creepy!!

Progress is good :)

Hope the owner didn't scrape the vinyl.
Such a nice planter.... Can you keep it? Hahaha!
I just went over to check chemicals and he had pulled out another one!! When I brush, I am still feeling something else down there but can't see due to all the dirt in the pool.

It's so silly to think some jerks just went in and wrecked stuff for no reason.

They are nice planters [emoji6]

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

Exactly one week since starting slam.

27513072805_0a8bc9da79_z_d.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So your son must still be hopeful that there's something creepy!

Looks to just be some pvc piping - BORRRING!

Just kidding - glad we haven't found anything crazy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.