Programming Question Pentair VSF pump and Easy Touchu

Aug 8, 2016
San Antonio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First off let me say this is an amazing Forum. The folks here are awesome and have taught me a lot but I still have a lot to learn. So hoping someone can help out with a programming question. Bottom line is my Pentair VSF pump programming was screwed up. Had a company come out and work on
my salt cell. Lights wouldn’t come on. Was some sort of connection issue. And lasted a day before it occurred again and they are due back out next week. But in the mean time my pump programming is way off. It used to slowly run 24x7 and would speed up depending on what I was doing, spa etc. I know how to program the pump with the different speeds and circuits. Also under stand the first 4 programs can be set up as manual, schedules or egg timer. 5 through 8 are for schedules. Question I have is I also have a EasyTouch control system and I’m not sure how to tie them together? Do I just program the Easy Touch and leave the pump alone or do I have to also program the same programs on the pump? The manuals are not real clear. Both show you how to do the program either on the pump or on the EasyTouch but dosent really tie the two togeather. I have a booster pump for my sweeper and another pump for my water fall. I also have a Spa with a spillway. So any help in understand how to set the programming up would be greatly appreciated.

tg,

The only reason you would ever program the pump is if you did not have an automation system.

You only need to program the EasyTouch..

The first thing you need to do is go look at the pump and check two things..

1. Does the pump have a small cable that runs from the digital control panel on the pump to the EasyTouch?
2. What does the pump's control panel say?? If it says "Display not active" that means the EasyTouch has control over your pump. If it says anything else, then the ET is not controlling your pump..

I suspect that your ET has lost its communication port, or your idiot pool repair guys disconnected it.

Do you have ScreenLogic?

Once I have those answers we can move forward..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim yes it says display not active so to even get the display to light up and do anything like quick cleans I have to put EasyTouch in timeout mode and then press the filter button. That will give me access to the screen settings, etc. not sure what screen logic is? I’ve explored the Qucktouch and found the inteleflow section. Had pump address 1 set up. A bit afraid to mess with it as it say it will revert to default if i change it. But willing to give it a shot if necessary. The circuits are all ready named. I belive it has pool high as circuit 1, pool as 2 and spa as 3 but can’t swear 100% to it right now. There is really nothing at programs 4-8. Just the first 3. I do have the spa and heater as well as a waterfall and a floor vacuum but as I mentioned I have a separate pump for the waterfall. A booster pump for the vacuum cleaner (Polaris) but I do know last summer/fall when I ran the spa the heater kicked in at the same time and the pool and vacuum, if running stopped.

tg,

Here is a pic from ScreenLogic showing pump speeds... It is an add on to the EasyTouch which makes it easy to use and program... You would know if you had it.. :p

dbtgallery.php

If you go to Menu, Setting, Intelliflo, Pump #1, Speeds.. you will see a "1/8"...

The 1/8 means that you have 8 locations to store a speed you want your pump to run.. so you have 1/8, then 2/8 for the next speed etc.

If you look at the pic above, you can see that anytime I am in the Pool mode my pump will run at 1200 RPM, when the Skim Low Circuit turns on the pump increase speed to 1500.. etc..

If you look at your 1/8 it should have a speed and at the bottom it should show the Circuit that runs that speed.

Do Not change the pump address.. it should be 1 and there is no reason to change it..

Play with it and see if you can make it work..

If not.. tell we what you see when looking at 1/8, then 2/8, then 3/8, etc.

For reference my 1/8 looks like this..

Pump #1
RPM -- 1200
Circuit
[Pool ]

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks again Jim will play with it. Have the pool guy coming back tomorrow. He seems to think it’s a bad board since the salt cell lights went out again just a day or so after he got them working again. I think that’s about the same time the pool programs quit working too but haven’t told him that. Told the scheduler but she said she really dosent understand anything about them. Will see what he say once he replaces the board. I will have to resist the pump programs back to their default and then start playing with the EasyTouch. So is ScreenLogic something that can be added to my EasyTouch system or is it an app or something? Looks like it makes it real simple.
Thanks agan
Stan

tg,

Here is a link to what you would need.. https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-screenlogic-interface-and-wireless-522104

It works about the same as your current remotes, except instead of a remote, it uses your PC, Phone, or Tablet...

You can keep your remotes and add ScreenLogic. Both your current remotes and the new ScreenLogic, will have separate antennas and receivers..

Just like you can push a remote button and turn on say, the pool light, with ScreenLogic you can push an icon on your PC, Phone or Tablet and turn on the same light.

Here is a pic of the main programming page... you can see how it ties things together... Circuit, Circuit Name, and Circuit Function...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.