Benkg43

Mar 2, 2021
Richmond,TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Two-part post. First, I had our pool builder connect the spa light to a separate transformer. They came out and installed the additional hardware to get it physically separated, so that part is done. But now, how do I go into the Hayward panel to add the spa light back in? I obviously want it to show under the Spa section of the Omnicontrol app. Yes, the pool builder will eventually come and do this for me, but I’d like to know how to do it myself.

Second question, how can I change the lights to be UNSYNCED. When I have the pool lights playing a show I do not want them to be in sync. In other words when one pool light is blue I don’t want the rest to be that same color, rather I want them to be at different part of the show cycle. I like that look. Is it possible to do this? The lights displayed this behavior before the builder came out and configured the panel, so I’m hoping I’m able to get back to this default behavior for the pool lights.

Everything is setup in the CONFIGURATION section of the Omni panel.

I added the lights, which is a Colorlogic 320, as a CL 4.0 light to the spa. It worked so far as it now shows as the spa light in the app. BUT… the led is only displaying blue, no matter what color or show I pick in the app. Thoughts? Was CL4.0 the wrong choice?

Are the lights connected to separate relays and AUX?
The pool lights are on a single relax and aux. when they were first installed, before the installer came and setup the software completely, the pool lights would all be different colors when I turned them on and set it to a show. Now they are in sync after he completes his software setup. I want them chaotic again so when shows are playing the colors are not in sync.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I want them chaotic again so when shows are playing the colors are not in sync.

How many lights do you have?

I think what you need to do, although I have never done it, is disconnect all but one light from the relay. Turn the light on and set it to whatever you want the starting color to be. Disconnect that light and connect the next light and do the same for all your lights.

Then connect all the lights back to the relay and you have them starting from different colors.

That is the opposite of what most people want and your installer set each light to start from the same color to be synched.

If that is what you want then go for it.

How many lights do you have?

I think what you need to do, although I have never done it, is disconnect all but one light from the relay. Turn the light on and set it to whatever you want the starting color to be. Disconnect that light and connect the next light and do the same for all your lights.

Then connect all the lights back to the relay and you have them starting from different colors.

That is the opposite of what most people want and your installer set each light to start from the same color to be synched.

If that is what you want then go for it.
If the lights have to be sync’d to begin with, and there’s even a button in the Omnilogic app to Sync them when they get out of sync, isn’t there somehow a way for me to force them to get unsync’d? I’m definitely looking for a solution that doesn’t involve touching hardware.

I’m definitely looking for a solution that doesn’t involve touching hardware.
Not that I can think of once the lights are synched.

You are looking for a function different then most.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.