problems with caretaker leaf trap seal

Apr 12, 2015
houston, tx
I have a 5 year old pool with the caretaker in floor system. a few months ago, the leaf trap lost it's seal and the venturi has entrained air. consequently the efficiency of the suction is reduced. But more annoyingly, the froth on the surface distorts the water surface and distracts from the beauty of my pool. I have chaanged the O-ring and used DC-111 to try to improve the seal. The leaks are coming from the cut-outs where the tabs of the top fit when installing the lid.

Is this a lid problem? Any other suggestions?

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Where is the air being returned to the pool - at the leaf trapper venturi return, infloor heads, elsewhere? Based on where the air is returning, the suction side leak could be coming from various areas.

Please fill out your signature with your pool and equipment specifics, including what testkit you use. This makes it easier for us to know what you have without needing to ask each time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.