Problem with Pentair Superflo VS 342001 pump control

Cormac

Apr 15, 2022
Lincoln ca
Hey everyone! Slight problem here...
My old driver module on my pump died so I had to replace it with a new one for around 400 usd. The weird thing was that it was working for a short while before throwing out a 0017 error, then a 0002 error, and now its just sitting there and not responding to anything. The little power indicator lights up and all the lights light up when I push the up, down, and 1 keys to get it out of "safe mode" (probably was in safe mode since i was turning the breaker on and off between attemps trying to figure out the other errors) but besides that nothing! Proper voltage of 230 volts rms is being applied to the driver board, but I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas or do I need to order a new pump entirely?

C,

How did you test the 240 volts going to the pump? Did you test right where it connects to the pump and between L1 and L2...? And not L1 to ground and then L2 to ground.

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

Are these the same failure codes that it had with the original control head?

If the same, I would have to assume the problem is with the motor.

If different, I would assume the new control head is bad.

If you have not already done so, make sure the impeller is not jammed, or that you have a frozen bearing, or some other motor issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

Are these the same failure codes that it had with the original control head?

If the same, I would have to assume the problem is with the motor.

If different, I would assume the new control head is bad.

If you have not already done so, make sure the impeller is not jammed, or that you have a frozen bearing, or some other motor issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.
The last board didn't even give an error code, it just died without warning. The impeller isn't jammed as it can turn freely. So you think this new one is doa?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.