Problem with Omnilogic and Hayward Salt Cell

Feb 19, 2015
Lake forest/ CA
Hi Everyone, I've had the Omnilogic for a couple of years now and despite my efforts to adjust my programming for the Hayward Salt Cell I cannot get it to not overproduce chlorine.

I have tried running a schedule on when the chlorinator will run (then I checked it during the time when it wasn't supposed to run and it was running) and I've also tried reducing the percentage of the chlorine production down to 15%.

I checked my chlorine this AM and it was at 18ppm (with production down to 10%) !!!! Like wayyyyy too high.

I've shut down my chlorine generator to get my levels back down but I'm at a loss at what to do.

I currently run my pump from 8AM to only 1pm since we're not in the summer and that should be enough circulation.

Anyone else ran into this problem? Maybe I should call up Omnilogic again?

I should also mention that I had the problem where the Cell connector to the omnilogic burnt over the summer and they did replace it with a new (actually refurbished) salt cell.

What is the schedule for when you have the SWG run?

The cycle time for Hayward cells is 180 minutes. If you run it for less than 180 minutes the % generation cycle will not operate properly.

With a pump runtime of 5 hours and % set at 15% you will have 2 cycles and 54 minutes of generation. That is effectively 18% rather then 15%.. That should generate .5 - .6 ppm of FC a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.