Problem with new plaster

PDully

Jun 23, 2017
Virginia
We had a very heavy rain storm come through a couple of hours after the plaster crew finished installing diamond brite. What look like bare patches then appeared in the plaster, like the plaster has washed away on parts of the ramp.
PB says to keep filling and they will patch after the plaster cures in 30 days.
is this something that can be patched? Would the pool be drained? How will it look? Will the pool leak?
TIA.

Attachments

• 9D8F753B-7301-403C-8D40-84C3229C3FC1.jpeg
    9D8F753B-7301-403C-8D40-84C3229C3FC1.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 65
They will probably drain down the pool to expose the areas that need to be patched. That should not create any leaks.

All you can do is let your PB take a shot at the repairs and see how it turns out.

PB mentioned patching without draining. I don't know anything about plaster patching and suspect that there are good and bad ways to do it. PB is going to want to do the method with the lowest cost. Would the material used for patching color match to the diamond brite applied everywhere else or would it be a different material/color entirely?

Bare as in the plaster completely washed away from the gunite? Afer 2 hours the plaster should have been almost completely set. Are you sure you weren't just seeing discoloration from water spots?

I can't tell if it's completely washed away. The spot in the first pic is smaller and it's near the edge and I can get closer to it. In the second pic, when I zoom in, I can see texture changes that appear to be more than water spots.

Attachments

• IMG_9588.jpg
    IMG_9588.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9587.jpg
    IMG_9587.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 34
Would the material used for patching color match to the diamond brite applied everywhere else or would it be a different material/color entirely?

It depends how good the folks doing the work are at mixing the same blend.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.