Primera stone Wet edge finish issues, large circular spots

raskle

Sep 27, 2020
Austin, Texas
We recently completed a 14' x 34' gunite pool with the Primera Stone Wet edge Blue Ocean finish.
As soon as the pool was full we noticed a couple of 18 inch roundish blemishes in the plaster.

I would love to hear if anyone has seen this before or has advice. The installer said it might be scale and to wait 28 days for the plaster to cure.
Does this seem normal, if so what can be done about them?

IMG_2465.JPG

I have Primera Stone as well, it was a replaster done in 2018. I don't remember having anything like this. Also, the picture you posted doesn't show that the plaster is smooth. It looks like indentations. They smoothed my whole pool with hydraulic sanders. Maybe it is just the resolution of the photo you posted. Can you feel a smooth finish? If so, is this section you pictured the same smoothness as an area that is good?

I would suggest having the PB or the plaster supervisor come out and look at this close up. Have them jump in the water and feel it. While all plaster is "handcrafted" so you can expect some inconsistencies, you should have them do a detailed review now and not wait 28 days.

We recently completed a 14' x 34' gunite pool with the Primera Stone Wet edge Blue Ocean finish.
As soon as the pool was full we noticed a couple of 18 inch roundish blemishes in the plaster.

I would love to hear if anyone has seen this before or has advice. The installer said it might be scale and to wait 28 days for the plaster to cure.
Does this seem normal, if so what can be done about them?

View attachment 346393
Love this color, its a top contender for us. Would you say it trends navy blue or green? Can you post some more pictures? thanks!

Here are a couple of pictures of the plaster day and night. We really love the color and it is more blue than green.
what did your PB say about the spotting and indentations?
I have Primera Stone as well and no serious issues.

We fixed the white spots on our Primera stone plaster by burning them off with acid!
We likely spilled some water on those spots before the pool was full, and it left a ring
I cut a slot in a large sponge and zip-tied it to a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe.
Then wearing goggles and gloves I poured acid into the pipe with a funnel while the sponge end was submerged and over the spot.
Acid is heavier than water, so it sinks into the sponge.
I did not have to scrub too hard, the acid did most of the work.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    687.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    679 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Raskie - My Primera Stone finish, Sapphire Treasure, was installed six days ago and I have a large light spot in the deep end that is getting bigger and looks a lot like your ring except it is light all through the spot. I was actually thinking that the start up service had put acid in that area but not sure what has caused it. Did your contractor have any ideas what caused your issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.