prime pump/filter???

Yes, add all of your 4 lbs to the skimmer. Remember to pour very slowly, perhaps in batches over ten or more minutes, so there is never so much that it clogs the skimmer. After adding you need to not backwash/clean the filter for a week.

This time you want to add 2 ppm of chlorine, which for your pool is about six cups of bleach. You can do calculations like that one using the Pool Calculator. See the link in my signature. Add bleach by pouring slowly in front of a return jet while the pump is on.

I would leave the solar cover off until you get things a little more settled down just to reduce confusion, but you can put it on if you want.

You can add CYA and bleach in either order without waiting in between.

It is time to do some reading in Pool School. There is a nice schedule of most of the routine things to do in one of the early articles.

I would start off running the pump 12 hours a day on low speed and see how that does. Then adjust from there as needed.

The inevitable happened, about a cup or so of the cya fell directly into the pool, we are trying to mix it up with the skimmer net. will it be okay? also, we put the rest in a pantyhose and in the skimmer, the water is flowing around the pantyhose, but it's pretty big. This is exactly why i need reasurrance about this, because if it can go wrong....it probably will with me.

Will it dissolve sitting on the bottom of the pool, we couldn't get it all mixed up before dark. I'm sick to my stomach that we just ruined our liner!!!!! The CYA we put in the skimmer sock is already dissolved. I'm just so worried about what we didn't get on the bottom. Will eventually dissolve or will it just sit there like dirt does?

You don't want to leave a pile of CYA sitting on the liner for days. A few individual chips of CYA here and there will dissolve well enough and won't be a problem. If you vacuum up everything you can see tomorrow you will be totally fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.