Pricing/build thoughts in Northern VA?

mxmumtuna

Gold Supporter
Mar 23, 2019
Virginia
Hi all, getting ready to go under contract, and this appears to be the bid we would like to go with.

Area: 562 sq ft under water
Shape of Pool: Free Form
Depth: 3'6" - 6'
Gallons: 15,518

Price Breakdown

Upgrade Items
Group Price: $22,035.00
CodeDescription
New BuildJandy IAqualink Automated System - ($4,687.50)
New BuildAquapure 1400 Jandy Salt System ($1,187.50)
New BuildSR Smith Helix360 Slide with pump and install - ($6,500.00)
New BuildJandy WaterColor LED Pool Lights - Regular - ($2,950.00 for 3)
New BuildCopper Scuppers (1) 24" and (2) 12" for Waterwall or (3) 24" Brilliant Wonders Descents, includes all plumbing and pump needed - ($2,600.00)
New BuildUpgrade of Interior Finish to a Pebble Sheen or WetEdge - ($2,600.00)

*This price is including the discount already given for a Quartz Diamond Brite
New Build(4) Deck Jets (non lit) - ($1,300.00)

If you decide you would like LED Lighted Deck Jets, they are $1,500.00 each to install.

Swimming Pool (Base Price)
Group Price: $74,815.00
CodeDescription
New Build6"x 6" Tile - Multiple tiles to choose from
New BuildCoping Stone - Travertine, Bluestone, or Something Similar
New BuildDirt Removal
New BuildExcavation - Pool Dig
New BuildFree Weekly Service
New BuildGravel
New BuildGunite Shell - Base Pool, Tanning Ledge, Raised Bond Beam, and Additional Benches (includes peg board & plastic)
New BuildJandy Variable Speed Pump
New BuildJandy DEV60 DE Filter with Multiport Valve
New BuildMachine for Trenching (Plumbing, Gas, & Electric Lines)
New BuildMasonry Labor for Coping & Tile Install
New BuildAdditional Materials, Equipment Rentals, and Labor
New BuildPlaster Finish (Grey or Blue Dye Upgrade)
New BuildPlumbing Labor
New BuildPlumbing Material
New BuildProject Management
New BuildGas Heater 399k BTU
New BuildStart Up Kit (Brush, Pole, Net, Vac Head & Hose)
New BuildSteel Reinforcement - #3's and #4's

Appurtenances
Group Price: $650.00
CodeDescription
New BuildElectric to be paid directly to Electrician Company. Builder will schedule and manage - (Roughly $4,000.00)
New BuildGas to be paid directly to Gas Company. Builder will schedule and manage - (Roughly $3,250.00)
New BuildPermit Running Fee ($650.00)
Hardscapes
Group Price: $85,676.50
CodeDescription
Pool PatioNew Patio Area to be Travertine on a 4" concrete base (allowance of 1250 sq ft) Patio will be measured and any additional sq ft will be billed or deducted at $29.90 a sq ft - ($38,421.50)
Hardscapes20 LF of 18" CMU Sitting Walls with Thin Stone Veneer and Premium Capstones - ($4,115.00)

20 LF of 24" Sitting Wall on Beam with Thin Stone Veneer and Premium Capstones - ($4,680.00)

Bench Area at Slide (3' Backside with a 18" Sitting Area) - ($5,250.00)

Additional Veneer to be installed on the backside of all Walls and Pool Back Walls where the grade is lower. - (9,355.00)
Hardscapes(2) Gas Firebowls on Stone Columns (also includes an auto ignition for safety) - ($15,600.00)
HardscapesLandscape Boulders (up to 8 med/large boulders) - ($3,900.00)
New BuildRemove Trex Steps and Put them on other side. Adjust and repair areas of decking as needed. Using existing material besides some covering and fascia boards. Inlcudes installing lattice board for screening and a latch door - ($2,405.00)
New Build(12) Low Voltage Lights Installed Under Capstones on Walls. To be pigtailed for landscaper to add onto - ($1,950.00)
Demo Work
Group Price: $6,500.00
CodeDescription
HardscapesDemo of Existing Fireplace and all Patio Areas
If Pavers are set on a concrete pad, then additional charges will occur.
(Includes all dump fees) - ($6,500.00)
Discounts and Free Upgrades
Group Price: -$2,726.50
CodeDescription
New BuildDiscount Given - $2,726.50

Free Items Given -
Upgrade to a Diamond Brite Quartz Finish
Free Basketball Goal
Increase the Pool Size 62 sq ft
Add an additional Deck Jet
Total Price:$186,950.00

Definitely excited! 3 year warranty on the entire build, including patio materials. I went into it preferring Pentair, based on research here, but I am cool with Jandy. So, thoughts on the new build?

Build includes the pool and patio, though not the deck or kitchen (which both already exist).

Attachments

• pool-night.png
    pool-night.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 65
  • patio1.png
    patio1.png
    343 KB · Views: 78
  • pool1.png
    pool1.png
    408.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
That is one awesome looking build design! That slide is awesome! The bench over there is a nice touch.

As far as price there is no way for any of us to say if you are getting a good price as each area is so different...........we have even seen where being on this side or that side of a big town like Huston, TX can impact pricing.

Here are a couple of things I see you need to check on:
-pumps-need the model numbers for the pool, and special features pumps

-gas heater-brand and model

-plumbing-lets talk about the valves at the equipment pad-no mention was made of what kind. Jandy makes good ones. Make sure you have a valve to control everything on it's own. Do NOT allow any ball valves as they go bad over time here the good ones can be rebuilt.

-unions-you will want unions on all equipment so you can service it without having to cut any pipes.

-light over the equipment pad-make sure there is one. You will thank me when you have to run out there in the middle of a dark and stormy night!

I think I got everything but will look it over again with fresh eyes.

Kim:kim:

From the PB:

The slide and descents will be on separate individual pumps. I adjusted wording already. All valves besides the individual runs for the deck jets will be Jandy neverlube. The deck jets will be on separate plumbing run and will be on ball valves (they are 3/4 pvc and get set and pretty much never touched). Everything is tied to the automated system and on individual on/off settings. The deck jets are tied to the main returns with an automated valve. You should very rarely to never have to go back to the system to mess with valves. Everything is automated.

The descents are on a jandy flopro 2hp, slide I think comes with a pump if not it will also be jandy flopro. The main pump is jandy VS plusHP.

We never use ball valves for any of the components besides when we run individual lines for deck jets.

I really like his answers. I do want to make sure of one thing...........make sure you can turn the jets off and still let the returns run. It sounds like you can but want to 100% sure. Those jets can get nosily and they push your pH up so you want to be able to run the returns without the jets going. You also want the jets AFTER the filter. They are very picky about stuff getting in them.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.