Price of filters

Millergirl

Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Hi, Thanks to great advice here from Jim Rahbe and others, we've decided to go with a cartridge filter vs the DE filter and backwash line our PB was originally planning. Here's my question... everything I've read seems to indicate that the initial price of the cartridge filter equipment is less expensive than DE filter, but we're being told the opposite, that the cartridge filter is more expensive. Has anyone else price compared cartridge to DE.
Note: Jandy equipment and can't find any actual prices online.

MG,

They should actually be about equal... For comparison, Internet pricing for Pentair DE filters are around $700 Plus a multiport valve at about $150, so $850. A CCP 420 Cartridge filter is around $800 and no MVP is required. Pricing between Jandy, Pentair, and Hayward is very close...

The problem of course that your pool builder is still mad that you did not go with a DE filter, so he wants to punish you, and you don't know what his price is, so there is no may to know his mark up.. Builders often mark up things by 100%...

It is your pool and you should do whatever you want, but I would go with a cartridge filter, even it were more money..

What DE filter was originally going to be installed, and what cartridge filter was quoted? What were the prices?

Thanks,

Jim R.

MG,

They should actually be about equal... For comparison, Internet pricing for Pentair DE filters are around $700 Plus a multiport valve at about $150, so $850. A CCP 420 Cartridge filter is around $800 and no MVP is required. Pricing between Jandy, Pentair, and Hayward is very close...

The problem of course that your pool builder is still mad that you did not go with a DE filter, so he wants to punish you, and you don't know what his price is, so there is no may to know his mark up.. Builders often mark up things by 100%...

It is your pool and you should do whatever you want, but I would go with a cartridge filter, even it were more money..

What DE filter was originally going to be installed, and what cartridge filter was quoted? What were the prices?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim! Our contract says Jandy 60 Sq Ft DE filter. They haven't broken down the prices on anything. I've just asked for individual prices of everything we've chosen that's not included in the base rate.

He hasn't told me the cartridge filter model, I just know it's Jandy and sized for our small pool.

So even if they are the same price, I should be getting a small deduction for the trench, but he's saying 'it's a wash' since the cartridge equipment is more expensive. It just doesn't sound right to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.