Pressure washing for algae?

The Poly 60 is optional (but recommended). It is an algaecide so it helps prevent algae from taking hold while you have your FC low for the AA treatment.

The Sequestrant is more on the mandatory side. It keeps the metals in suspension in your water so they don't re-stain your pool.

Basically what you are doing with an AA treatment is taking the iron stains on your pool surface and moving the metal back into your water so you can't see it. The sequestrant is used to make sure the metal stays dissolved in your water. If you don't use the sequestrant the iron may react when the pH or FC gets too high and either re-stain your pool or turn your water brown. The sequestrant ensures the metal stays invisible. Metal will stay in your water until it is removed by draining or splash out. It doesn't evaporate or get filtered out (unless it turns your water brown, then there are ways to filter it out).

Do you know if your fill water has iron in it?

Ok, I’m pretty sure it does being the stains came off with a vitamin c pill that I crushed up and tested. I’m taking a sample tomorrow for testing.
Do you also get iron staining in your house? In your sinks and toilets for example? That would be a good indication that you have high iron in your water. If the iron has already deposited as a stain it may not show up in a water test for iron since it's not in the water anymore.

Is a Sequestrant mandatory? And the poly 60? It says you ( May ) use..

Without using Poly 60 you are more at risk to end up with algae after the AA treatment. If you get algae then the high FC of the SLAM Process will eat up the sequestrant and likely release the iron back into the water and stain your pool again. So you really don't want to get algae.

The sequertrant will break down over time so you will need to drain the water to get rid of the iron bound to the sequestrant or add sequestrant periodically to keep the iron from staining again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.