Pressure Test Failure

Looks like you have narrowed it down. Builder should come and fix it. If you haven't, you can spray the connections with soapy water to look for a leaking even if pressured with water. Air gets trapped in the line.

Looks like you have narrowed it down. Builder should come and fix it. If you haven't, you can spray the connections with soapy water to look for a leaking even if pressured with water. Air gets trapped in the line.
The builder sent a guy and we were able to find 2 leaks. They will send the plumbers back to fix the issue. Feels good to get some work done. It is unfortunate that the builder tried to pass off a Crud job and have me face[t "industry standard" I almost fired him for that comment.

I reached out to the main building inspector to find out what was the standard and he said I am the standard and there is no "pool" standard it's the Florida Building Code and I enforce them and there is no allowance for loss in the code. Thus he annotated in my permit file that he is going to require pressures to hold for 24hrs for him to approve it vs just checking to see if it is at 35.

Reactions: Desert Dog
So, plumbers came out and fix the 2 leaks that were found previously, and that seems to have solved the majority of the issues. I was losing around 1.5-2lbs per hour before plumbers came and now I am still losing around 2lbs in 24 hours. Plumbers left the lines at 50 lbs at 2 pm on Wednesday and held at 50 all day, by 8 am Thursday, it went down to 46. Thursday, all day, the pressure went up to 47 and held and by night time it's as back to 46. Friday, today, at 8 am the pressure is now 44. TFP experts, what are your thoughts??

There's still a leak somewhere. I would think of it this way, for domestic water pipes in a house the pressure must be maintained else there's a leak somewhere. As the inspector notated in the file that pressure must hold for 24 hours, and it isn't, then it will fail inspection....I would think. How did the pressure go from 46 to 47?

Let's ping a builder @bdavis466 ?

There's still a leak somewhere. I would think of it this way, for domestic water pipes in a house the pressure must be maintained else there's a leak somewhere. As the inspector notated in the file that pressure must hold for 24 hours, and it isn't, then it will fail inspection....I would think. How did the pressure go from 46 to 47?

Let's ping a builder @bdavis466 ?
My guess on how pressure went from 46 to 47 is due to air temperature. It's been stupid hot in FL recently and I can reasonably wrap my head around pressure going up 1 or even 2 psi with how hot it has been.

Pressure will go up and down a few degrees based on temp. Would not worry about that. I don't think it would be unusually if it started at 50 PSI in the hottest part of the day and in the morning if it was cool it to have dropped 4. Then raise as the temps raise.

Last edited:
It pressure will go up and down a few degrees based on temp. Would not worry about that. From what you posted it appears to be holding.
Yeah, we'll see how the weekend goes. I hope that it doesn't go any lower. My fear is also them digging it back up and them doing more damage than good and we'll be in this constant cycle of finding a needle in a haystack.

I would prefer to have the plumbing under pressure at least a few days before gunite to be safe. Then continue to keep it under pressure till plaster just to make sure nothing is damaged during any of the following work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would prefer to have the plumbing under pressure at least a few days before gunite to be safe. Then continue to keep it under pressure till plaster just to make sure nothing is damaged during any of the following work.
Pre gunite the only thing that was done was the main drain and that held pressure for a week. The rest of the plumbing was done post gunite. We are basically at deck phase, so now is the time to get it right and they have corrected the big issue, it's rather or not I still have a minor issue is what I'm trying to determine with the help of TFP experts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.