Pressure side pvc leak - help

I have a small leak in the pressure side pvc pipe, the one that comes from the filter back to the pool. It appears this pipe has experienced a couple of leaks before and the previous owners had repaired.

If I had the extra room to work with, I could repair the pvc with nice coupling and be on my way. However, this leak is too close to the concrete pad and there isn't any room for me to cut and add a new coupling.

Is there any way to fix this leak without busting up the concrete? It's steadily getting worse. I have attached a picture below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157637334@N02/36478585556/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited:
I assume you have room on the pipe to the right to add a coupler. You will need a bore bit to clean out the plastic pipe inside the 90. It is plastic so you need to be careful.

You can also use a reducer fitting that would slide inside the plastic pipe in the 90. It will reduce your ID so some backpressure will be created.

Good luck.

It's tight, but it looks like there's enough room for a new coupling.

As long as you have about an inch of pipe, a new coupling should work.

Another option is to use a pipe extender. However, I don't like to use them on 1.5" pipe as they reduce the inside diameter quite a bit.

Just read about an awesome tool out there to help in your situation (It was referred to in a thread here in the forums). Here is a video of how it works Socket Saver . Haven't tried it, but it could be an option. Says it can be used on tee's or elbows. Hope this may help :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.