pressure side blowout

I think the sch40 bushing will need a coupling to attach to the 2" pipe. I don't think the bushing will fit inside of the 2" pipe.

I still suspect an improper glue joint. I proper glue joint wouldn't have failed on the DWV reducer, I think the fitting would have broken instead. Glue joints don't fail, unless they are not done properly.

Make sure you are cleaning 100% of BOTH surfaces of the joint with primer. Make sure BOTH surfaces of the joint are coated 100% with a thin layer of glue. Make sure you are giving the joint a 1/4 turn once it is put together. Larger diameter pipe is harder to get a good glue joint than the smaller stuff.

Is the pipe 100% clean? No paint? No leftover glue from previous attempts? Is the joint dry? Blue glue will work on wet joints, but other types won't. Not sure if there are different types of primer but you might want to double check that.

Good luck!!

I think the sch40 bushing will need a coupling to attach to the 2" pipe. I don't think the bushing will fit inside of the 2" pipe.

I still suspect an improper glue joint. I proper glue joint wouldn't have failed on the DWV reducer, I think the fitting would have broken instead. Glue joints don't fail, unless they are not done properly.

Make sure you are cleaning 100% of BOTH surfaces of the joint with primer. Make sure BOTH surfaces of the joint are coated 100% with a thin layer of glue. Make sure you are giving the joint a 1/4 turn once it is put together. Larger diameter pipe is harder to get a good glue joint than the smaller stuff.

Is the pipe 100% clean? No paint? No leftover glue from previous attempts? Is the joint dry? Blue glue will work on wet joints, but other types won't. Not sure if there are different types of primer but you might want to double check that.

Good luck!!

Thanks Chris! Yes, to all the above! I have done everything you have suggested. Unfortunately, this is not my first rodeo with this pool! I mostly do the repairs myself until it gets tiresome of dealing with it or is something someone who does this for a living should do. I was ready to pay someone to do it but I couldn't find anyone that could do it before this weekend and I'm not a patient person. So I decided it was easy enough to do. I'm just giving it all kinds of time to cure before I attempt to turn it on again...

You need a schedule 40 coupling for the 2" pvc pipe. Then you glue a reducer into the coupling. Then you glue the 1.5" pvc pipe into the reducer.

Schedule 40 has a socket depth of about 1.25".

Try removing the threaded wall adaptor for the cleaner to see if it's clogged.You should feel water flowing out of the wall hole even with the booster pump off (main pump on).

I am glad to be able to report that it did not fail! It did hold this time!! :party: Well, except for a slight leak that did spring, it did hold. It did NOT blow this time for sure! So, I am off to Lowes to pick up this schedule 40 bushing and the others needed to go with it.

Hooray! :)

Psheewww, 8th time is a charm! :-D

LOL...ain't that the D truth! :D So, here's what I bought and have now installed. So, now we wait again! I am optomistic that this problem is now solved! Yay!! Thanks for everyone's help!

IMG_1942.jpg~original

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL...oops, sorry! Yes, all is holding well! I apparently bought the wrong coupler and it did blow again but I made sure I got the right one and it has been working beautifully for almost a week now! Thanks so much for everyone's help!

:lovetfp: :rockon: :salut: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.