Preparing for Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 48 delivery and setup

My Index pool is expected to be delivered w/ setup on June 1st. This will be my first pool & I'm pretty much clueless as to how to get it up & running. I do understand the importance of leveling but was wondering if there is anything else I need to do prior to setup? I have read many intex owners complain of rusting in the first year & was wondering is there any preparations, I can
do or not do to prevent this from happening?

There is tons of threads on here about leveling and setup, it's important to take your time. Do some searching and you will find what you need.

Some people tape the connections, I just let it ride. They have cheap paint to treat and rust spots that appear.

Water chemistry is very important, reading pool school and the guide to seasonal pool is very important.

I had that very same pool for 4 years and it was still usable when I sold the house. I suggest leaving it up year round if possible -- I think you are less likely to develop leaks that way. Consider upgrading the pump and filter and installing a thru-wall skimmer. Those things will help keep it cleaner.

Rust will get all Intex pools eventually, but for the money, you can buy a new one every few years and still come out ahead.

Here are a couple of threads covering my experience with it if you're interested:

Dimension at the ground for Intex 16' Ultra frame pool.

New pump arrived today

I just put one of those up myself, after my 15’ by 48” died (had it four years). Leveling is of primary importance, and I urge you to go ahead and buy a TF100 test kit so you can start balancing your water the minute you fill the pool!

I truly don't intend to scare you. We loved swimming in our intex, setup was simple, stays crystal clear. But the pool rusted out in less than a year. We bought last summer and are tearing down this month to replace with a new pool. I ran across your post and just thought "I wish someone would have warned me!" Here is a pic of my pool taken yesterday. We called and they only warranty for 30 days. Convenient right? Anyway, I hope you have better success but i did want to pass on information to give you the honest opinion and results of our "bad intex experience." Since contacting multiple AGP companies in last 30 days I have head the same from all of them. Intex pools are "one year pools" or "throw away pools" Mind you, my wife and I had no intentions of throwing it away in 10 months. I thought after reading all the reviews that surely I'd get a good 3 years out of it and then it would be money well spent. Enough venting...I wish Intex would at the very least replace the rusted rails since they are not even a year old. But at this point my only recourse is to share our intex story wth as many folks as I can. Have a blessed day!
attachment.php

In all fairness, Tim’s experience, while really cruddy, isn’t the norm. Mine stays up year round and I got 4 years out of the previous one, with a SWG. And it wasn’t rust that caused me to replace... my liner was shot from bad care before I discovered TFP!

funandsun;1420767. said:
I wonder if they sell replacement parts.

They do, but by the time you buy too many of them individually you could almost buy an entirely new pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.