Pre pool opening (white water mold)

Sweet. Let's see pics of all that. Its possible they can be blown and plugged if you're never going to use them anyway.

Or maybe we can set up an automated valve on a timer (like a sprinkler valve) so they cycle themselves everyday.

Pathetic excuse for “fountains” we were so disappointed with these
Even if you restrict flow to other exits ? Those should shoot across the pool.

With multiple things running then they all suffer.

Anywho, they can be blown and plugged, or you can put a 1.5 inch sprinkler valve on a timer to cycle them everyday.

But then you'd have to open the cover first, or pump it. 🤦‍♂️

Yes they will shoot over the pool if one of the returns is shut off. And the pump had just kicked down to lower speed about the time I took that pic. We just felt bamboozled by the photos of said fountains when we signed the contract. They looked like they shot a stream of water as big around as your finger when in real life they are a very very small stream . And imo placed too close together 🤣
Not that my ph is every low, but I suppose they could help with aeration if needed ?

Something I’ve been meaning to ask…. The main drain. let’s say it’s wide open at 12:00 (dial wise) and off at 3:00.
Is it ok to keep it about 2:00 all the time to have the skimmer pull more?
If I have main wide open the skimmer barely seems to pull, like the sock floats instead of staying pulled down

Thanks

Your two spots look like rust. Have you fished anything metal out of the pool like a staple/bb etc? Try rubbing a little crushed up vitamin c on it - with 3 or 4 crushed pills in a little sock.

Thank you ,
Nothing metal.
I will try that for sure, again. I tried last year on diff spots with no luck. However I had not crushed them. I just laid a vit c tab on each til it started to dissolve.
Seems if I find one early enough I can almost scratch it off or at least break it loose with my fingernail.
I do have several bottles of metal magic with about 8 oz out of each.
(Pool company brings them each year when opening and leaves what they don’t use)
Should I be using this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you ,
Nothing metal.
I will try that for sure, again. I tried last year on diff spots with no luck. However I had not crushed them. I just laid a vit c tab on each til it started to dissolve.
Seems if I find one early enough I can almost scratch it off or at least break it loose with my fingernail.
I do have several bottles of metal magic with about 8 oz out of each.
(Pool company brings them each year when opening and leaves what they don’t use)
Should I be using this?
If you can scratch it off it may be organic- like animal poo, worm remains etc. gross i know 🤣 but no biggie!
You don’t need to use sequestrant unless you have a metals problem - a one off stain from something that fell in isn’t a metals issue that would require sequestration.

Reactions: Newdude
There are maybe 20 stains all small. Size of a ball point pen -ish

On a side note -
Are you familiar with springtails ? They love my yard and esp the pool. Treatments ? Pet friendly pls

Am I dealing with worse than algae here? I changed this sock three hours ago . I’ve never seen it look “spongy” before

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 14
Happy to say things are going better today . After finding algae on weir door and replacing with my back up (while that one soaks in Lc)
Also think I was using a bum case of chlorine . Had suspicions so tested 30 min after adding and had zero increase . Switched to a new case . Raised to 16 perfectly. Only losing 1 ppm in three hours now. Will check the overnight loss in the morning

Be sure to check/scrub out all the things to hunt for that sneaky algae - including the tab feeder i see on your pad, any overflow drains, autofill pot, pool cover etc.
keep the fc up to slam level as often as you can & try not to be discouraged by one bad oclt.

Your thread has gotten quite long so refresh my memory- have you ever inspected or deep cleaned your sand after your white water mold adventure?

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support