Pre-plaster questions: Step tile grout? and Light or no light?

Tiburon

Silver Supporter
Dec 19, 2019
Sacramento, CA
I just finished installing the coping (12"x12" silver travertine) which I think turned out great! I also just finished the step-tile (2"x2" glass tile). I am doing the tile and coping myself, and hiring a company to do the plastering.

Question 1: Do I need to grout the step-tiles, or will the plaster fill it in when it gets poured and then wiped off the face.

Question 2: I have the intellibrite pentair LED light. The niche is already in (at the gunite stage) and I have the string ready to pull the wire. Do I install the light fixture itself before the plaster, or wait until the pool is filled up and pull it then? And if you install it before hand, is the lens protected somehow from the plaster?

Thanks, I am also welcome to any and all advice about anything else I need to know in preparation for plaster.

IMG_20200228_132108.jpgIMG_20200228_132128.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_132117.jpg
    IMG_20200228_132117.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 98
That looks great! LOVE the color of the tile!

Plaster only between the tiles. Grout just does not look as good.

I will call in someone that will know for sure the answer about the light @bdavis I know what I think he will say but want to make sure so will let him answer.

Kim:kim:

Looking good. I had to go outside and look at mine just now, but mine has grout between the tiles (I think). They also installed the lights before the plaster on mine, with a protective tape over them.

Blue Surf 2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.