Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We are having our liner replaced before this years swim season kicks off. The next step is for the pool company to come out and measure our liner so they can order the new one. The water is river quality at the moment as I didn't do any maintenance to it after the hurricane blew through last fall and a tree cut the top of the liner. According to the pool company, they need to able to see the bottom of the pool so to get accurate measurements.

So, there are two options. I can either drain the pool or get the water cleared up. My concern with draining is that more could go wrong since the water table in Eastern NC is so high at the moment. My concern with clearing it up is that it will take more time and $$$ to get it clear and then I will end up draining it anyway. I am familiar with the TFP method and know it will take me 2 - 3 weeks minimum to get it clear enough for them based on past ventures. Of course the pool company offered up $140 in chemicals and said it would take a week to clear up using them.

My question to you all is what path forward would you choose? Drain, clear using TFP method, clear using pool chemicals, other? Thanks!

I'd spend the money and clear the pool instead of draining and possibly destroying the integrity of the pool due to the high water table. In my opinion the money wasted SLAM'ing the pool is a lot less than fixing damage from a high water table.

Reactions: SPKNout4CHRIST
There are companies out there now that use phone cameras and a few simple measurements to create aCAD drawing of your pool which is then used to construct your liner. This process is done with the pool drained and a new liner is shipped within 5 business days.

Email link info please.

I have not seen that tech; and you know I’m way ahead of the curve.. I suspect they are using granite counter software..

Thanks buddy!

Reactions: SPKNout4CHRIST
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.