Pre-Cast Plunge Pools for Above Ground Use

Bing2439

Apr 30, 2020
Charleston SC
Hi everyone.
I am not sure this is the correct area to post this but would like some help. My wife and I have been looking to build a pool that will meet up with the first floor of our elevated house. The house is basically on stilts and is 9' above the foundation.
After more than a year of research we just cannot afford to build a concrete elevated pool. Just the block work quotes I've been getting for a concrete or fiberglass is over 30k.

Has anyone seen the plungie pools in Australia? The Plunge Pool Company | Plungie | Australia's Premium Plunge Pools They are precast concrete and have many different sizes. They have one that is 9x18 and is perfect for our application. There is one company that builds these in the U.S but they are just too small at 7.5x13'.

Do anyone know anyone (anywhere) that builds something like this. Such a great price, small foot print and can be buried or above ground. Unfortunately there is no way to ship one of these to the U.S as far as I can tell.

1597857999379.png

Last edited:
How are to going to get the top of the pool up to 9 feet above the foundation? These pre-fabs are not 9 feet deep but more like 4-5. You are going to need an extremely strong/durable foundation for a pool to sit on if you try to elevate a pool like you are discussing. I think water weighs 7-8 lbs per gallon so a 5000 gallon pool is going to have 40,000 lbs of water in it. Above ground pools are built to support their own weight without the walls collapsing but this is if you have a solid foundation below it.

Why do you want it elevated so high? I have stayed at several different elevated houses in the Myrtle Beach area which have had small inground pools under the house. A hot tub on your deck is much different than supporting the weight of a pool. Are you worried about storm surge from hurricanes or just would like it for convenience?

Cheapest option is to have a concrete crew use reusable foundation forms amd pour in place. Just have an emgineer spec it all out. My thoughts are what will you do with the plumbing around the pool amd what about decking to get around the pool? Those fancy hotel pools you see like this are super thick the plumbing is encased I'm the concrete shell amd many have integrated decks amd railing that are part of the pool shell. Lots of engineering goes into it. You mentioned block work. I wouldnt dream of a block pool built for something like that. Monocast concrete all the way

Google "fiberglass pool out of ground"...seem to be plenty of people that have fiberglass shells that are partially or fully out of the ground, and have built some sort of pretty wall to hide the pool walls. Foundation, fiberglass tub, pretty wall(s)...seems like that would be a much more efficient route.

I would like to revive this thread.
These pools are now being built in Dallas and I am seriously looking to purchase.
Question is the limited pump/filter packages that are offered.
The pool I am purchasing is 10'x20' and 5,300 gallons. Definitely want salt water and an overall good system.

Waterco Opal 1-1/2 hp Infinium Pump,
First Stage Multicyclone Filter & Second Stage
Pleatco Cartridge filter with CMP Powerclean Tab Mini Chlorinator
CMP DEL AOP-S system

Any direction or input on another system would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Fetzervalve
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.