Prayers please

My daughter has been seizure free for two years. That is, until tonight. This was by far the scariest one yet. I was out scooping leaves out of the green goopy pool when I heard "Go get daddy!Now!" I ran into the house to find my wife dragging my daughter into the living room. She had rolled off the bed, landed face down, and vomited all during a seizure. The seizure went on for nearly 20 minutes, then held up slightly. We called 911 and got paramedics there asap. She is now sleeping soundly. Hoping she wakes up soon so I can hear her voice again. Funny how what I thought was important suddenly became a non-issue.

Appreciate any prayers.

As as far as the pool, I think I will just empty the pool and start over after a good scrub with bleach.

Having taken care of many such patients, I know what a scary situation that must have been for you all. Nothing is as important as people, especially those we love, particularly our children. Things are just that- things. Unimportant and replaceable.

Praying for your precious daughter tonight.

When I was younger (very early teens), I was the first one in my family to discover my sister's epilepsy. It was early morning and I went to her room to ask her a question. She sat up on the edge of her bed and I distinctly remember seeing her face and how she had this groggy, out-of-it sort of look. She then slumped off the edge of bed, fell to the floor and had a grand-mal seizure right there. I don't know what came over me but I ran right to her, screamed for my parents and stabilized her head in my lap. That memory is seared into my head as it was quite possibly one of the scariest moments in my life. She seized for nearly 10mins and did not regain any consciousness for about another 20 mins. When she did come out of it, she was totally lost and had no idea where she was or what had happened. You could see in her eyes the fear of losing those few minutes of consciousness to a total blackout of memory.

With medication and learning what triggers them, she has lived a long and seizure free life (only rare and brief petite mal seizures). You're family will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Thanks, Matt. My daughter's started out much the same way two years ago. Just an out of it look in her eyes and speaking gibberish. This one was the worst. Took tons of meds to stop it. They are putting her on Keppra to control them. She had been on Troliptol. Just weaned her off it about two months ago. Wishing we hadn't now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is amazing how something important can really focus you on what is important in your life. All the things you fret about daily just melt away. Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Attachments

• hands.jpg
    hands.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 45
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.