Powerclean Tab Chlorine Feeder with SWG. Do I need it?

Bluestream

Bronze Supporter
May 16, 2022
Southlake, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a Pentair IC-40 Intellichlor SWG in my new pool. My pool builder also installed a Powerclean Tab feeder, but it's set near zero. Before I fired my pool guy (after finding TFP), he was putting in 2-3 chlorine tablets per week with the SWG set at 60%. Do I need to keep feeding tablets into this thing or just let the SWG do the work? Maybe this tablet feed would be helpful when the SWG cuts off below 60 degrees? Admittedly I'm not sure what this feeder is for or which tablets to buy (other than non-blue). Thanks for any guidance.

IMG_2564.jpg

The only use I can see for it is to increase CYA if it's low, I guess. I'd ditch it. If the SWG is out of commission you could put tabs in it but then you'd need to watch CYA levels, and CYA is typically meant to be higher in a SWG pool

Well, it does have a pretty red flow indicator :) Seriously, I have that chlorinator on my system. It's designed for slow flow of VS pump speeds. Works great! I was involved with the install of mine and can say that the amount of apparatus it has extended into the main pipe to get venturi action in order to operate is much more than for the ordinary chlorinator we removed. I couldn't help but think it added a bit more flow restriction on the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.