Power/wiring question Pentair SuperFlo VS

Midwestdude

Jun 19, 2020
Indiana
So, I have a new Pentair SuperFlo VS pump. We were originally going to wire it to our existing 115v power that the old pump was hooked to.

After some research though we decided instead to run a brand new 230 line from our main box to the pump's location. The manual recomends/suggests a Pentair PA220GF 20 Amp 2 pole GFCI breaker. However our main box is an older Square D. So initially we cleared a double spot on our breaker panel to install an equivalent Square D breaker. We want to rewire the garage at some point so my father in-law installed a new Eaton brand box in the garage near the pump location, put a 40 amp breaker in the main box, and ran the new line from the 40 amp breaker to the new box in the garage. Finding an equivalent Eaton a 20 amp 2 pole GFI that will fit that box has been a challenge. So now we're looking at possibly finding a 20 amp 2 pole GFCI breaker that is equivalent to what the manual recommends and then get whatever box we need for that breaker.

I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has a recommendation and has this particular pump?

You should be able to find a Square D "QO" type 2p 20a GFCI breaker that works in older panels. You should also be able to find an Eaton 2p 20a GFCI breaker. If they dont have them on the shelf at Lowes or HD you can order one at a local electrical supply house if they are an Eaton dealer. There may be a short leadtime as you may find with all 20a 2p GFCI breakers no mater who makes it.

Dude,

The IntelliFlo sometimes makes electronic noise that feeds back to the GFCI breaker and causes very intermittent trips of the GFCI.. I have never heard of this happening with the SuperFlo VS..

I'd try whatever GFCI breaker you can find and run it and see if you end up even having an issue.. I doubt it.. Only a few pumps every have the problem, most do not...

Thanks,

Jim R.

We're trying to get this wrapped up before the 19th when we go on vacation for a week, and have someone house sitting, I'm hoping not to have our friend have to worry about hassling with the old pump till we get back. I did find a Siemens style breaker so if we get that we might end up swapping out the box to make that work. We can order one for the Eaton but delivery is estimated between the 11th and the 20th which I'd rather not take the risk that it's closer to the 20th. It really is a shame that all breaker panel connections aren't standardized to make it simpler to find stuff that fits, but it is what it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.